Chicken Noodle Soup
I think I am one the first to jump on the soup train once the temperatures drop below 70. No laughing, I live in the southwest so soup weather is short lived and much appreciated. My terrific husband made some scrumptious broth with the carcasses from the weekend and I kicked the field goal with some delicious soup. This simple and satisfying bowl of goodness was loaded with healthy fats, plenty of flavor, and tons of fiber. How can you go wrong?
- 1 package Miracle noodles
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 2 full ladles of broth
- Chicken meat to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Rinse your noodles and set aside. In a pot heat 2 Tablespoons of ghee or butter and the EVOO. When the ghee has melted add the noodles, cumin, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and sautee until the noodles are heated through. Add 2 full ladles of broth (about 2 cups) into the pot and heat through. If you are adding chicken now is a great time, and this is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- Top with chopped parsley and if you're feeling adventurous enjoy with a "Not Rubber Biscuit"!