Savory Chicken Noodle Skillet
We like things simple around here! Mr. Coach almost always roasts a couple of chickens on the weekend as part of our meal prep. Chicken is pretty versatile and warms up quickly when we get home from a long day's work. Tonight we chopped up some breasts, added a few things, and voila, dinner.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Cup dehydrated mushrooms
- 20 small asparagus stocks cut into 1" pieces
- 2 packages Konjac noodles
- 4 Tablespoons chicken schmaltz or other healthy cooking fat
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Trader Joe's 21 Spice Salute
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Cup boiling water
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 cup dehydrated mushrooms and 21 Spice Salute mix and set aside for five minutes or more. Drain and rinse Konjac noodles and set aside.
- Heat a skillet, preferably one that is not non-stick, and add fat. Cube cooked chicken breasts and add to hot cooking fat. Sautee until the chicken has warmed through. Add chicken stock, mushrooms with liquid, asparagus, noodles, and paprika. Sautee for 10 minutes and serve.