Chocolate Coconut Bark
This slightly sweet, chocolatey, satisfying no-bake treat is just what the doctor ordered for those times when your meal didn't quite do it for you. Loaded with fiber and healthy, satisfying fats, one of these chunks of bark is bound to help switch off your appetite while putting a smile on your chocolate loving face.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 drops liquid stevia (based on Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- cacao nibs - sprinkle to taste
- Line an approximately 9x7 dish with foil, parchment, or waxed paper. Lay the coconut chips evenly on the bottom. These will help form the base of the treat.
- Warm the coconut oil, coconut cream, and cocoa powder. Once warm, stir to combine them and add the stevia drops and coconut shreds. Pour this mixture over the bed of coconut chips.
- Using a spatula, carefully ensure mixture is spread evenly and packed down while minimally disturbing the coconut chips at the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top and gently press them down with your spatula to set them in place.
- Freeze or refrigerate until set. Once set, these cut mostly easily with a long chef's knife on a cutting board.
- Note: We use the Trader Joe's liquid stevia. You may have to adjust based on your specific brand and especially your tastes! Also, your coconut shreds and chips should contain ONLY coconut.